Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My university roommate thought I was insane when I told her this was my favourite way to eat cauliflower, but she tried it and started making it this way herself, too. Quantities of everything (including the cauliflower itself) are all sort of approximate, and can be varied to suit your taste/appetite.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Miracle Whip or whatever works fine too, if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced
- Steam the cauliflower until just slightly underdone.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, mix the mayonnaise and mustard together.
- When the cauliflower is done, transfer it to a microwave-safe dish and spread the mustard-mayonnaise over it.
- Cover with cheese.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Or, if whatever else you're cooking isn't done yet, you can just cover the cauliflower and lets its heat melt the cheese until you're ready to serve.
An easy and delicious way to eat cauliflower! I scaled the recipe down for 1. Thank you!