Recipe by *axxo*
This a great quick easy meal. Kids love it because of the addition of the potato chips on top. Add a green salad and biscuits....Yummy
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
Hubby and I liked this dish! I too weighed the macaroni, but found that 4 ounces was (slightly) a bit more than one cup. I only added 1-1/2 Tbsp. dried minced onion, 1/2 tsp. of salt, and added several large dashes of pepper. I didn't have any green pepper to add to this dish, and it still tasted good. I baked this casserole for 40 minutes, but next time I'm going to reduce the baking time to 30 minutes (not counting the extra 5 minutes to bake the crushed chips). I found this casserole made at least 5 servings, rather than 8. Since we liked this dish, I will definitely make this casserole again. Thanx for the recipe Maggie. It was good!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and stir meat until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Prepare elbows as directed on package; drain.
- In ungreased 2 quart casserole mix all ingredients except potato chips.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with potato chips and bake and additional 5 minutes.