Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Clipped this from a coupon flyer and thought it sounded interesting. I've yet to try it, but when I do I may add thinly sliced sweet or red onion to the slaw, and a slice of cheese to the bottom bun. Chipotle Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby all sound good.
- 177.44 ml rice (white or brown)
- 118.29 ml prepared ranch dressing
- 473.18 ml shredded green cabbage
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 36.97 ml hot and spicy taco seasoning mix
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine Ranch dressing, cabbage, and cilantro. Toss to combine; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, ground chuck, and taco seasoning mix. Form into four patties slightly larger than hamburger buns. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook 10-12 minutes for medium-well, turning once.
- To serve; on each hamburger bottom bun place a cooked burger, an equal amount of the slaw, and top bun.