Recipe by mersaydees
This recipe is based on one from First magazine, January 2, 2012 issue. Health bonus: the abscisic acid in edamame helps prevent the chronic inflammation that causes atherosclerosis – hardening of the arteries. Nutrition info per serving: Cal. 92, Pro. 7g, Carb. 7g, Fiber 2g, Sug. 2g, Chol. 0mg, Sod. 108mg, Total fat: 4g, Sat. 0g, Trans. 0g.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent flavoring of one of my favorite snacks. Loved Emeril's Original Essence with the addition of the Lemon. I left out the cayenne becuase I didn't think it needed it. I extracted all the meat from the shells before adding the spice and lemon mixture. Just delightful for an afternoon snack. Thanks Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 2 lemons, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package edamame, like Cascadian Farm or 1 (16 ounce) packagefresh soybeans, in pods like Cascadian Farm
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, like Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, like Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice one lemon and juice the other.
- Fill a large saucepot with water and bring to the boil. Add edamame, 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning mix and lemon slices; cook 2 minutes or until soybeans are crisp-tender. Drain.
- Add soybeans to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In large bowl, carefully toss cooled soybeans with remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning mix, 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and cayenne.