Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is simple, sweetly spicy boil for seafood (or veggies) with a delicious subtle flavor complemented by lemon and garlic. Cook time is time spent simmering flavors together before adding seafood or vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons dill seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 8 bay leaves
- cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce
To the boil I personally also like to add
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 -6 garlic cloves (slivered or sliced )
- Combine all dry ingredients (except salt) in a square of cheesecloth and tie with string.
- Bring a large pot of water (enough for about 4 pounds of seafood) to a boil, add the bag of seasoning, salt and cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- At this point, I also like to add one lemon, sliced, and 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, slivered or sliced.
- Let the seafood boil liquid simmer for at least 30 minutes or until water is tinted and seasoned.
- Add seafood or vegetables, and cook until done.
- Drain and ENJOY!