This is simple, sweetly spicy boil for seafood (or veggies) with a delicious subtle flavor complemented by lemon and garlic. Cook time is time spent simmering flavors together before adding seafood or vegetables.
My Private Note
lbs. of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons dill seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 8 bay leaves
- cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce
To the boil I personally also like to add
- 1Combine all dry ingredients (except salt) in a square of cheesecloth and tie with string.
- 2Bring a large pot of water (enough for about 4 pounds of seafood) to a boil, add the bag of seasoning, salt and cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- 3At this point, I also like to add one lemon, sliced, and 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, slivered or sliced.
- 4Let the seafood boil liquid simmer for at least 30 minutes or until water is tinted and seasoned.
- 5Add seafood or vegetables, and cook until done.
- 6Drain and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zatarain's-Style Seafood Boil - Seasoning Mix
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: