Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is my MOST FAVOURITE rice recipe. I find it really romantic(red roses, milk, essence, nuts!) I made it today, being Cinco De Mayo, I wanted to have a treat and serve my family with this real comfort food. This rice is blessed with such goodness that no poet could ever say it in words. It is definitely not for those trying to slim down and get back into shape :) I call it affectionately, "Rice of the Gods":)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron essence or 1⁄2 teaspoon pineapple essence
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rose petals, washed
- 25 g almonds, blanched
- 25 g pistachios, blanched
- 25 g cashews
- 25 g raisins
- edible silver foil, as required
- 3 tablespoons ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat some of the ghee.
- Lightly fry the raisins in this and keep aside.
- To the remaining ghee, add the cardamom seeds, followed by the rice and fry on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the milk, sugar, salt and the rose petals.
- Cook on a low flame with a partially covered lid till the rice is tender and almost dry.
- Now carefully stir in the nuts, raisins and essence.
- It is very important that the rice should not be completely dry. It must be still tender and on the moist side once done.
- Remove from flame.
- Mix well.
- Cover with the silver warq and serve hot.