Recipe by ammo
from the yves website
Top Review by eman0621
I made chilli using this recipe but tweaked it a little bit. I added a can of black beans to make it 3 x 19oz cans of beans and used 2 x 28oz cans of diced tomatoes. Plus used 2 x teaspoons of chilli powder and cumin. Teenage daughter who's a very picky eater loved it and said I did a great job.
- 1 package yves veggie cuisine vegetarian ground beef
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola, olive or sunflower)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 (14 fluid ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (19 fluid ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried chili
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven until hot and add onion, diced pepper and carrot.
- Sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until partially cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients except Yves Veggie Cuisine Original Veggie Ground Round.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 1 hour.
- Add crumbled Yves Veggie Cuisine Original Veggie Ground Round.
- Mix well.
- Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.