Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
This naturally sweet, beautiful golden-orange frosting is used to top cookies, cupcakes, quick breads, graham crackers, or gingerbread people. This recipe makes enough to frost 2 dozen cookies or a one-layer cake.
- 236.59 ml mashed baked yam
- 56.69 g softened cream cheese (1/4 cup)
- 9.85 ml melted unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml maple syrup or 29.58 ml brown rice syrup
- 4.92 ml lemon juice or 4.92 ml orange juice
- Place yams, cream cheese, butter, syrup, and juice in a bowl and cream together.
- Puree this mixture in a blender, food processor or with a hand mixer to a smooth, spreadable consistency.