Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I love this dish. It can be done any time of the day and is very filling. Super high protein and very healthy! This has been adapted from the original one I posted, but anything can be added for more goodness. If you do not have the tofu mix use Fantastic World Foods Vegetarian Nature's Burger 1/4 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g package extra firm tofu, cubed (nasoya)
- 42.52 g tofu scrambler
- 177.44 ml Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 link Morningstar Farms vegetarian breakfast links (or other vegan sausage brand)
- 29.58 ml chunky salsa
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Chop peppers, spinach and green onions.
- 2Cook Simply Potatoes in a large frying pan with non-stick butter spray under medium/low heat.
- 3Add pepper and cumin.
- 4Put tofu in bowl and mush with fork till everything is in crumbles You want it to resembled a scrambled look so maybe 1/2 or more of each cube size.
- 5Add in Tofu Scramble seasoning and continue cutting and mixing.
- 6Add mixture to frying pan with potatoes. Raise heat to med/high.
- 7Microwave sausage links as instructed on box and cut/mince into little tiny pieces and put into frying pan.
- 8Add salsa and cook until you start seeing a golden brown. About 5-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Tofu Salsa Scrambler
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
Morningstar Farms vegetarian breakfast links