1/1 Photo of Yummy Strawberry Pie
2 hrs 10 mins
Here is the recipe for the Strawberry Pie I made the other day. Just for the record I used frozen strawberries and then let them defrost and they were absolutely fabulous in this recipe. Without further a do...The Yummy Strawberry Pie courtesy of my friend Katie. I believe it is a family recipe. This makes 2 pies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Most Important Step is the Homemade Pie Crust
For Strawberry Filling
- 1Most Important Step - Homemade Pie Crust:.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups sifted flour, 2 teaspoons sugar, and a dash of salt. Cut in 2/3 cup shortening with fork or pastry cutter.
- 3Slowly add ICE cold water and stir with fork until ball then roll it out and put in pie pans.
- 4Heat oven to 425°F -- cover pie crusts with foil (butter side touching crusts) and fill foil with pie weights or beans.
- 5Bake crusts for about 10 minutes. Remove foil, reduce heat to 350°F and bake crusts for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Sit crusts out to cool until filled.
- 6For Strawberry Filling:.
- 7Put about 2 1/2 cups of whole strawberries into each pie crust. You can keep the strawberries whole or slice them if preferred. Make sure they are patted dry before putting into crust.
- 8Then clean and slice approximately 1/2 quart strawberries. Bring 1 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Add strawberries. Dissolve 1/4 cup cornstarch in 3/4 cup cold water. Add to syrup mixture. Cook approximately 10 minutes over low heat until thick and clear. Stir often. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Pour glaze over whole strawberries in baked pie shells. Let cool in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
- 9Top with homemade whipped cream (heavy whipping cream + sugar to taste).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g