Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from the Comfort Food Diet cookbook of Taste of Home. They're great out of the oven. And even after that. They're soft. Not crisp at all. They could be great soak in coffee. This is a light recipe. They're better out of the oven or the same day. The next days, they're a bit dry. But they can be great soaked in coffee.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml honey
- 118.29 ml raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and honey; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
- Note : They're better out of the oven or the same day. The next days, they're a bit dry. But they can be great soaked in coffee.
Loved the cinnamon & nutmeg combo, & although I did include a generous cup of raisins, other than that I did follow the recipe & absolutely enjoyed these very tasty, flavorful cookies! They are certainly something I'd be interested in making again & again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]