4 hrs 15 mins
Add a little spice to an ordinary cake mix and come up with this refreshing dessert. And it's low in fat! From Prevention's Eat Up, Slim Down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees or according to cake mix directions.
- 2Coat a 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 3Prepare cake mix according to package directions using egg substitute or eggs and water. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake according to package directions.
- 4Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a rack.
- 5Poke holes all over cake with the handle of a small wooden spoon.
- 6Pour pineapple (with juice) over cake.
- 7In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 8Add milk, pudding mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat 3 minutes.
- 9Pour over pineapple.
- 10Top with whipped topping.
- 11Decorate with oranges if using.
- 12Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Pineapple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 534.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g