Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Add a little spice to an ordinary cake mix and come up with this refreshing dessert. And it's low in fat! From Prevention's Eat Up, Slim Down.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees or according to cake mix directions.
- Coat a 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using egg substitute or eggs and water. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a rack.
- Poke holes all over cake with the handle of a small wooden spoon.
- Pour pineapple (with juice) over cake.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add milk, pudding mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat 3 minutes.
- Pour over pineapple.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Decorate with oranges if using.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.