Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy Authentic Tasting Hummus
- 1 (20 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chpd
- raw vegetables or pita bread
- I just put it all in the food processor. I save juice from chickpeas and if the dip seems too thick I add some to thin it . When you serve you can put some oil on top. Yummy.
This is good and just the right amount!! About the size of a large container of hummus at the store. I roasted my garlic in a little bit of grapeseed oil in a little skillet before pureeing it. This had a lot of lemon flavor to it. I wasn't sure as I had never made homemade hummus. I love the lemon taste because it was so fresh tasting but next time I think I will cut back on the lemon juice and add a little more garlic. Thanks for the recipe!! I will never buy hummus at the store again!!!!