Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was sent to my email from "Light & Tasty" and is credited to LaDonna Reed of Oklahoma. She says "trying to eat lighter but still crave sweets, this moist, chocolate cake helps with that. The rich frosting, makes a decadent treat" Well sounds good and pretty simple to me though I haven't tried it yet. If you do then let me know.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 2 1⁄8 ounces sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 egg whites (next list starts frosting ingrediants)
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk, cold
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 ounce sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces reduced-fat whipped topping, frozen, thawed
- chocolate curls (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Place milk and extract in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with a third of the pudding mix; let stand for 1 minute.
- Whisk pudding into milk.
- Repeat twice with remaining pudding mix.
- Whisk pudding 2 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.