Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is so good! It is the only chicken salad my family will eat! (and believe me I have tried making others). It does take a while to chop everything but it is well worth it. The woman that I got this recipe from was always asked to make it for wedding receptions and baby showers. We prefer to make it without the mandarin oranges and the almonds and we always serve this salad on croissants. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix (good seasons brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl combine all ingreients and stir well to combine.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on bread or croissants, over salad greens or with crackers.