Recipe by ChefWhiz
Easy to prepare and delicious, all you need is a double boiler insert or pan. Flavor is slightly better if you gently melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler since there's less chance of scorching. I like the recipe with either English walnuts or pecans and made with unsalted butter, Omega 3 eggs, and Baker's chocolate squares.
- 2⁄3 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a double boiler insert or pan, melt the butter and chocolate over hot water.
- Beat the eggs well.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well.
- Beat in the vanilla and chocolate.
- Mix in the flour.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread the batter in a greased 8" square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.