Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crispy crescent dinner rolls make this a fast fun way to enjoy juicy burgers smothered in cheese and bacon. whats not to like? I don't know the origins of the recipe. I found it written on the back of an envelope stuck inside a book I picked up at the local library.
- 2 slices bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite ranch dressing
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, halve each piece
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a non-stick pan cook the bacon over medium heat about 2 minutes, add ground beef and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain if necessary.
- Stir in pickles and ranch dressing.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press each into 7x4-inch rectangle. Press firmly to seal the perforations.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup ground beef mixture onto one end of each rectangle. Top each with tomato slices and 1 piece of cheese.
- Fold dough over filling and press edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!