Recipe by Karen=^..^=
One taste of these and you will know where they got their name! A very delicious chocolate cookie great for holiday baking, bake sales, potlucks, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate together and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir chocolate mixture, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla and salt together until blended.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, roll in confectioner's sugar.
- Cool on wire racks and then roll in sugar again.