Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
I Like this recipe because this was my first recipe when I was growing up that i baked.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) packagereal semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine butter,sugar, brown sugar and vanilla at high speed in large bowl.
- Beat, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in morsels and nuts by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes;remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.