Recipe by Dine & Dish
My kids gobble these up, which is great because they normally won't eat asparagus! This is a great way to get such a healthy veggie into your life!
Top Review by Casiegrl
I'm sorry but I just did NOT like these, nor did my husband or my son. It was a waste of money and asparagus isn't cheap. I had to add water to the bread crumb mixture because it was too dry to even form patties. It also mostly tasted like the crumb mixture rather than asparagus and the pieces kept sticking out. Husband thought they were bland, son spit out. I should've stuck to the plain stalks to feed him cause he was eating them fine when I cooked them before making the patties.
- 1 bunch asparagus, cooked until limp
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups crackers or 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus into one inch pieces.
- Combine eggs, cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Add asparagus pieces to combine mixture.
- Form mixture into large patties and set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Carefully place the patties into the large skillet and brown patties on both sides.
- Remove and place on paper towels to slightly cool.
- Serve and enjoy!