Kid Size Garlic Bread Loaves
Was at a friends house and she was making lasagna and didn't have enough garlic bread for everyone...so she made some "just for the kids". I was so shocked, who would have thought? Now this is what I fix if I'm in a hurry and don't have time for "real" garlic bread. They don't complain and they can help individualize their own if they want to.
- Ready In:
- 8 hot dog buns (1 package)
- butter (to taste) or margarine (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- pepperoni (optional)
- Split hot dog buns open and lay on cookie sheet (crust side to the cookie sheet).
- Spread butter on open side of each hot dog bun.
- Sprinkle with garlic.
- Place in 350 degree oven and bake until top side of bun is very lightly browned or until butter (and cheese-if added) is melted. Check often.
- Good served with spaghetti or lasagna and salad.
- May add mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, mozzerella cheese, etc-- before placing in oven-- if desired. ~This is like a meal in itself.~.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is great! I usually use my extra "buns" for bread crumbs, but since my crumb container is full I wanted to try this recipe. The bread it delish. My kids loved it because it was something different then reg. french bread. I used butter, garlic powder, mozz. cheese and chopped parsley. I will make these again, thank you for sharing this easy recipe with us.