Having bought a young coconut, I had to then find something to do with it. This cake was the result. It is soft, tender, and exotically spiced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x5 pan or a muffin tin.
- 2Open the coconut, making sure to save at least 1/2 cup of the liquids. Using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the coconut.
- 3In a food processor, add the coconut meat, butter and sugar. Combine thoroughly.
- 4Add eggs & vanilla, and pulse a few times.
- 5Add the flour and baking powder, and combine thoroughly.
- 6Add 1/2c of the coconut milk, and once again combine thoroughly.
- 7Pour your batter into the greased pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes. 20-30 minutes if you're making cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Young Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 119.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: