Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a family favourite. We have it with just about any kind of roast--chicken, turkey, beef. It puffs up and is slightly crisp on the outside and soft in the centre. The centre is hollow and holds the gravy so you can dip your meat into it. The yorkshire slowly absorbs the gravy and creates its own meal! Have all the ingredients at room temperature or the puddings will not puff. If the eggs are cold, place in warm water until they warm up before using. I usually have to double the recipe as each person usually has 2-3 puddings.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and water. Pour into flour/salt mixture and beat until batter creates large bubbles rising to the surface.
- Spray a muffin tin with Pam spray making sure you get spray on the top surface of the tin around each cup. This prevents the yorkshire from adhering to the tin as it rises so you will get puffier yorkshires. Then put 1-2 tsp of oil or hot beef drippings in the bottom of each cup. Place in oven until oil starts to smoke.
- Remove from oven and quickly fill each muffin cup with batter about half full.
- Place tin in oven and bake pudding for 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 F degrees and continue baking another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Don't open oven door during baking.
- Remove from oven and use a knife to go around each muffin cup to loosen pudding. Serve at once. Each person can have their own pudding filled with gravy--great for dipping meat into.
This was my first try at yorkshire puddings and I'm simply delighted with how this recipe turned out. I had never thought it could be so easy to make yorkshire puddings, but with Signlady's instructions it really is! Thanks so much for posting this! The only thing I changed was to use more dough in the muffin pan since I thought to fill them up only half way would be too little, but it wouldnt have been. Like that I ended up with GIGANTIC puddings (see pics), but they were still delicious! =) GREAT!
First time I have tried this recipe and let me tell you, it's the only one I will ever use. I've tried a few but this was the best! Everyone was delighted with it and it is definitely a keeper. :)
Fantastic! Thank you!!