Recipe by Mille®
Try these scrumptious buggers, from the North of England, for breakfast; you'll never have a breakfast muffin at Mickey D's again!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces ale (not beer!)
- 7 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 3 English muffins
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the cheese and as it begins to melt, add the ale slowly, stirring constantly.
- Beat 1 of the eggs and add it, along with the salt, dry mustard, and Tabasco sauce.
- Continue to stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Lower the heat and keep hot.
- Poach the remaining 6 eggs and keep them warm while you fry the bacon on a griddle.
- Split and toast the English muffins and spread them with a thin coating of Dijon mustard.
- Put the muffins on a serving plate, pour on the cheese, and top with a slice of bacon, a poached egg, and some more cheese.
- Serve as hot as possible.
- Run the muffins under a hot broiler to glaze the tops, if you like.