Recipe by dojemi
This is a very impressive dessert for Valentines Day, an anniversary or birthday. However, it does not have to be made in a heart mold. I have also decorated this with fresh flowers on top.
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint ripe strawberry, hulled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse a 1 quart heart mold under cold water- DO NOT DRY.
- Soak gelatin in water.
- Mix milk and sugar together in saucepan and heat till sugar dissovles.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin and stir till dissolved.
- Empty into a large bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour into rinsed mold and refrigerate for, at least, 2 hours or till set.
- Unmold (place bottom of mold in warm water for a'few seconds') onto serving plate.
- Puree in blender.
- Add lemon juice, to taste.
- Add sugar.
- Pass through sieve to remove seeds, if desired.
- Pour strawberry coulis around mold and decorate with strawberries.