Recipe by Engrossed
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. Arabian Gulf region. Serve with pita bread or crackers.
Top Review by Inklady
This had an interesting flavor; very different. The almonds made it thicker. It tasted better the next day. A nice lunch with celery sticks. I look for simple lunches with protein. I also added a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Thank You Engrossed.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons almonds, pulverized
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped to garnish