Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. Arabian Gulf region. Serve with pita bread or crackers.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons almonds, pulverized
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped to garnish
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients, except tomato, in a mixing bowl.
- Place in a serving dish.
- Garnish with tomato.
This had an interesting flavor; very different. The almonds made it thicker. It tasted better the next day. A nice lunch with celery sticks. I look for simple lunches with protein. I also added a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Thank You Engrossed.
Tasty. I used Balkan (thick) yogurt, blanched sliced almonds pulverized in a small blender, flat leaf parsley, unrefined extra virgin olive oil, cayenne, to taste, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, plum tomato, plus the rest.
This was yummy. I had it for lunch today and loved the flavors!