Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This french toast is lower in calories, and has a great taste too!
- 6 slices cinnamon raisin bread (thicker is better!)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs, yogurt, milk, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over med-high.
- Dunk each slice of bread into egg mix, and soak both sides.
- Place in pan and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve hot and top with yogurt and fresh berries, or your favorite syrup.
I soaked this overnight and served it topped with your carmalized oranges. Yummy
This is a very easy and healthy breakfast. I always use the whole-wheat raisin bread for this; it tastes nearly the same but is much better for you. Instead of serving this with maple syrup, I mix equal parts frozen berries and vanilla yogurt in my blender. TIP: Whenever a recipe calls for ground nutmeg, take the time to grind your own instead;the taste (and fantastic smell) just does not compare to a jar of ground nutmeg.
Thanks for a quick, simple, healthy breakfast idea. I used Sara Lee cinnamon raisin bread and do agree a thicker bread would have been better. I will search out our local bakery for an unsliced loaf next time. The spice flavor was subtle but quite nice.