1/1 Photo of Yogurt (Crock Pot)
8 hrs 20 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Fun and easy to make, even on a boat! When we leave port for several days this comes in handy! This can be made in a crock pot or a sauce pan. Besure to watch the milk carefully that it doesn't scortch. All you need are a crock-pot or pan, wide-mouth thermos bottle, an instant read thermometer, milk, powdered milk, and some lactobacillus powder (available at health food stores) or some plain yogurt from previous batch or purchased plain yogurt with live culture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and powdered milk in crockpot set on high; heat until temperature reaches 200 degrees F. (A small sauce pan can be used, however watch carefully that the milk does not burn.).
- 2Allow milk to cool until it is warm, not hot (110 degrees F).
- 3Add the plain yogurt and stir well.
- 4Fill thermos with hot water.
- 5Drain hot water from wide-mouthed thermos and fill with yogurt mixture.
- 6Cap and set aside for 4 to 8 hours.
- 7The longer the yogurt sets the sharper the flavor.
- 8Store in the refrigerator; the yogurt will continue to thicken.
- 9Sweeten with fruit or honey.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (1052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.2
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.6 mg
- Sodium 659.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 44.4 g