Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Very simple, and a healty, low-fat alternative to cream cheese (but not as thick).
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- paper towels
- Set a medium strainer over a bowl.
- Line the strainer with 2 layers of paper towels or a paper coffee filter.
- Add the yogurt and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Scrape the cheese into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
I have a similar recipe (#34119) where I use drained yogurt as a fruit dip, adding cinnamon and maple syrup. I tried your recipe today using 1/4 cup plain yogurt, and draining for 2 hours. A pinch of cinnamon and 2 drops of vanilla extract after draining made for a simply gorgeous dip for apples. Yum!!!
This works great. I have several recipes that call for yogurt cheese and now I can make them. Thank you for posting it.
Mirj will be none too pleased when she gets word via Pony Express that I used a full fat plain yogurt to make the cheese. A coffee filter worked best for me. Yummy and thanks for posting! cg ;)