Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made up this salad to have a balance of sweet and sour. I didn't add much oil so I can eat almost the whole bowl in one setting. It makes a great lunch! I hope you like it!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and easy chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey (pref. raw thick type)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into cubes
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl; mix lemon juice, garlic, rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and oil.
- In a large bowl; put your chickpeas, red bell pepper, mango, avocado, and jalapeno.
- Add the marinade to the salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!
My family really enjoyed this. I doubled everything, but followed recipe exactly. Thanks!