Recipe by Junebug
This dish can be served at simple family meals all the way to formal dinner parties! I have found that some people do not even realize they are eating squash. These are usually the people who say "But I don't even like squash!" as they are dishing up thier second helping!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 1/21/09 as part of mine and SO's dinner.The only changes I made was to use a 16 ounce bag frozen squash,that had been thawed out and drained really well, and to add some pepper.I think the the amount of butter should be cut down to at least 1/3 cup,because to us it seemed a bit on the greasy side. So, for us this won't be made again. But, thanks for posting anyway.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix (about 2 cups)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (celery or mushroom also work well)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 grated carrot
- 4 yellow squash, boiled &, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter and stuffing.
- Put half of stuffing in bottom of casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingredients, except reserved stuffing, in a bowl until well blended.
- Put on top of stuffing in casserole.
- Top with reserved stuffing mix.
- Bake in 325 oven for 20-25 minutes until hot.