Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Romanian food for foreigners blog; a side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb romano beans, yellow, inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- Saute onion in olive oil; cook until light brown,10 minutes.
- Add paprika; stir; add salt and pepper; stir.
- Add tomato paste (Recipe says to add tomato paste at end but it won't cook enough for me.).
- Add beans; cook a minute; add water.
- Simmer until beans are soft crisp; he says 1 hour but that may be too long. You may need to add water but don't add too much as the water must all be evaporated at end.