An easy side dish also known as funeral rice. Everyone's stove top produces different heat, adjust cooking temps as you normally do for rice. I like to substitute low salt chicken broth for the water. Use your favorite rice except for brown.
- In a medium saucepan sauté the rice in 1 tbs butter 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Turn burner to lowest temp, add the raisins, cloves, salt, turmeric, and ginger.
- Cover and simmer gently until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes, if rice isn't quite done you can add a splash more water if needed.
- Add the butter, fluff up with a fork and discard the ginger.
This rice was relly delicious and colorful!
I used only the first tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 3/4 water as I used basmati rice.
The flavor was perfect and looks wonderful. Thanks for this great recipe!
Almost dessert! I tossed all the ingredients in my ricer and walla the most flavorful rice. I didn`t use the 2 tablespoons of butter.
Mine took a little bit longer to cook but then that may be because the Aussie cup is a little bit bigger than the American on, also we felt there was a need to cut back on the cloves as they really overpowered the dish but would certainly make again but cut back the water by 1/4 cup and use only half the amount of cloves and up the ginger and the sultanas that I used instead of raisins. Thank you momaphet, made for Please Review My Recipes.