An easy side dish also known as funeral rice. Everyone's stove top produces different heat, adjust cooking temps as you normally do for rice. I like to substitute low salt chicken broth for the water. Use your favorite rice except for brown.
- In a medium saucepan sauté the rice in 1 tbs butter 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Turn burner to lowest temp, add the raisins, cloves, salt, turmeric, and ginger.
- Cover and simmer gently until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes, if rice isn't quite done you can add a splash more water if needed.
- Add the butter, fluff up with a fork and discard the ginger.