1/5 Photos of Yellow Rice (Geelrys)
An easy side dish also known as funeral rice. Everyone's stove top produces different heat, adjust cooking temps as you normally do for rice. I like to substitute low salt chicken broth for the water. Use your favorite rice except for brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan sauté the rice in 1 tbs butter 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- 2Add the water and bring to a boil.
- 3Turn burner to lowest temp, add the raisins, cloves, salt, turmeric, and ginger.
- 4Cover and simmer gently until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes, if rice isn't quite done you can add a splash more water if needed.
- 5Add the butter, fluff up with a fork and discard the ginger.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Rice (Geelrys)
Serving Size: 1 (911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 3995.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g