Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful recipe was given to me by a friend I work with. Thanks, Barb, for sharing!
Make and share this Yellow Buns recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook corn meal and milk together over medium heat while stirring constantly until thick.
- In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, salt and corn meal mush.
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Add eggs, dissolved yeast, and 3 cups of flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour onto floured surface and knead the rest of the flour into the dough.
- Place in greased bowl, covered.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk, punch down.
- Let rise until doubled again, punch down.
- Make into about 30 balls for rolls and place in greased pans.
- Let rise until double, covered.
- Bake at 350°F until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Makes good cinnamon rolls also.
These buns are really tasty, especially straight from the oven with a little butter. I halved the recipe and it yielded 12 buns for me. Thanks for posting Donna. M!
This recipe made VERY nice buns, very soft, moist and flavorful. The corn flavor is not strong - just a nice background note. I used about 1/2 cup less flour, and got 16 45-gram dinner rolls, 12 60-gram cinnamon buns, and 8 bread sticks made from the remaining 155 grams of dough. This one is a keeper. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.