Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
One cooked yam,a dab of crystalized ginger,brown sugar, slivered almonds and a bit of marshmallow wrapped in wonton wrappers, a little bit of southern sweetness and a whole lot of love.
- 1 yam, cooked, sliced and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 12 marshmallows, cut in halves
- wonton wrapper, package
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- In mixing bowl, add ginger, sugar, almonds and optional cayenne pepper if desired.
- Cut yam slices in halves.
- Spread Wonton wrappers on a damp kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray Pam in two 12 cup muffin tins.
- Place each wrapper in each muffin tin.
- Spray with Pam.
- Put muffin tins in oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Take out and fill with the following ingredients.
- Place slice of yam or slices of yam, then a teaspon ginger, brown sugar mixture,.
- then marshmellow half.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of milk on top.
- Preheat 375*.
- Bake until marshmellow bubbley and starting to brown. Serve warm with ham bites on crackers. Caution: Hot marshmellow will burn your mouth easily, cool a few minutes before serving.
- Note: I like to remove the wrappers to a greased baking tray before filling and baking the final time. It is easier to remove with a spatula to a serving platter,.