From Mark Bittman, he recommends the pork chops but I've made it with chicken and tofu. Use whatever works for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 ounces fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 pork chops or 2 one chicken breasts or 1 (16 ounce) package tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 small head napa cabbage (about 4 cups) or 1 small savoy cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons a bit sugar
- 3 drops hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped, white parts only
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, and add noodles. Cook until just done, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and run under cold water. Toss noodles with sesame oil to keep them from sticking together, and set aside.
- 2Put peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add ginger and cook, stirring, until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add protein and cook until no longer pink and is starting to brown around the edges.
- 3Add cabbage and carrots to skillet and stir; sprinkle with salt. Continue to cook until vegetables soften, adding a bit of water, as needed to keep them from sticking.
- 4Meanwhile, stir together in a small bowl ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, and hot sauce. When vegetables are soft and any liquid has evaporated, add noodles and sauce to skillet. Toss to coat everything well and cook until noodles are warmed through. Serve, topped with chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakisoba (Protein of Your Choice)
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 1409.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: