Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very moist and easy. This is when a bullet processor comes in handy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberries (halved)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted) or 3 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 2 teaspoons orange rind (grated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine strawberries, butter, orange rind & eggs in a blender. Process just until blended.
- Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder & salt. Add strawberry mixture & stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with 2 tsp of sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched in center. Remove from pans immediately.
- Per muffin (as reported by Cooking Light) : 184 cal, 4 g fat (20%), 45 mg chol, 179mg sod, 34.8g carb Per MC: 1 g. fiber= 4 pts.
- Notes: Cinnamon sugar or vanilla sugar would be a nice topping for the muffins.
I thought these were good, for a ww recipe. The orange came through quite strongly for only 2 t. It made 12 servings perfectly. These muffins do not rise very much so you can fill the cupcake tin almost full. These were definitely easy to make and had a different flavor than most muffins. If you are trying to maintain a healthier diet and have to have your fruit muffin for breakfast, this is a great choice.