Recipe by teresas
This is a great recipe out of my Weight Watchers "Take-Out Tonight!" cookbook. This also makes an excellent dip for veggies or baked tortillas. This has 6 points per serving, I also like to add in some 0 point things like salsa, pickled jalapenos and cilantro. DH who isn't watching points likes to throw on some shredded cheese. :)
Top Review by breezermom
I used both soft and hard taco shells. First time I've mixed the beans in with the beef, usually I just layer it. I liked it this way. I used green onions instead of red for dietary reasons. We love tacos, and these were delicious......are you sure they are WW? LOL Made for FYC tag game.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (10% or less fat)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free refried beans
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven, about 8 miuntes; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Swirl in the oil, then add the beef, onion, garlic, and seasoning mix.
- Cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the water.
- Cook, until the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and heat through.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the beef mixture into each taco.
- Top each with the lettuce, tomato, olives, onion, and sour cream.