Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From WW Simply Delicious
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted
- fresh thyme sprig, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Spray roasting rack with nonstick spray.
- Spray nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine chopped thyme, oregano, oil, garlic, and salt in small bowl.
- Gently loosen skin from breast of chicken.
- Spread the herbs evenly under the skin.
- Place lemon inside cavity.
- Tuck wings begind chicken and tie legs together.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on rack.
- PLace potatoes and olives on baking sheet.
- Roast chicken until thigh registers 180*F, about 1 hr and 10 minute.
- During last 45 min, place potatoes and olives in oven.
- Stir occasionally, until potatoes are tender and browned.
- Let chicken stand 10 minute.
- Discard lemon and skin, then carve.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs.
I have been making this recipe from the WW cookbook for years. It is sooooooo good!! The chicken comes out so moist and flavorful. Thanks for adding.