Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 4 medium eggplants, Japanese (about 1 lb. sliced crosswise on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces)
- cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml rice wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1.23 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml scallion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Preheat outdoor grill, stove-top grill pan or broiler.
- Coat eggplant with cooking spray. (Note: If you can’t find any Japanese eggplants, buy regular eggplants that are small in size.).
- Grill or broil eggplant turning as needed until lightly charred and tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Whisk soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended.
- Drizzle over grilled eggplant and sprinkle with scallions.
- 2 points per serving - Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
This was very good! I broiled the eggplant and stacked them, drizzling with the sauce each time. Delicious with no fat!