Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy alternative to lasagna and tastes fantastic.
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta (cooked, drained)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon parsley (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Drain, and mix in spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. Set aside.
- Mix cottage cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, 1 beaten egg, garlic powder and parsley in a bowl. Set aside for later.
- In a baking large baking dish, mix together 1/4 parmesan, 1 beaten egg, and pasta. Press the pasta down into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the pasta, then add the spaghetti sauce layer. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.