Recipe by Margo59
This is posted in response to requests for scallion recipes. I got this simple recipe from my MIL. Looks great on a veggie platter and is addicting. Warning: very easy to make. If you like onions you will love this.
Top Review by Shirlsaw
Yes an old fun staple with us too! We use deli ham slices also. Also dill pickle spears instead of the scallions - but I recommend letting those rest on paper towels before assembly to draw out some extra juice.
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed,leaving the green tops
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2-5 ounces buddig deli roast beef or 2 1⁄2-5 ounces ham (or thin sliced lunch meat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim the scallions.
- I leave about half of the dark green portion of the scallion.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the softened cream cheese and form it around the lower half or 2/3rd's of the scallion.
- Wrap with one piece of the sliced meat.
- Depending on the length of the scallion, I sometimes fold the meat in half.
- Chill in frig and serve on a veggie platter.
- Note: I count the number of scallions and just judge how much cream cheese and meat slices I will need.
- Cooking time is chill time in frig.