Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is posted in response to requests for scallion recipes. I got this simple recipe from my MIL. Looks great on a veggie platter and is addicting. Warning: very easy to make. If you like onions you will love this.
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed,leaving the green tops
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2-5 ounces buddig deli roast beef or 2 1⁄2-5 ounces ham (or thin sliced lunch meat)
- Wash and trim the scallions.
- I leave about half of the dark green portion of the scallion.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the softened cream cheese and form it around the lower half or 2/3rd's of the scallion.
- Wrap with one piece of the sliced meat.
- Depending on the length of the scallion, I sometimes fold the meat in half.
- Chill in frig and serve on a veggie platter.
- Note: I count the number of scallions and just judge how much cream cheese and meat slices I will need.
- Cooking time is chill time in frig.
Yes an old fun staple with us too! We use deli ham slices also. Also dill pickle spears instead of the scallions - but I recommend letting those rest on paper towels before assembly to draw out some extra juice.
My mom use to make these occasionaly for parties and they are great! Very Addicting!