Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
It's Name Says it All.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained well)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip, frozen
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained well
- 1 cooked pie shells or 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put into cooked pie shell.
- Let set 3 hours in refrigerator before serving.
- Riffraff, You are right--I did a shoddy job on this recipe. I am so sorry you had problems. Hope this takes care of it for you. Darlene.
I will begin with the positive, this pie is very very tasty it just needs some work. No sizes were given for the cans and boxwes of ingredients so I winged it. I used a15 1/4 oz. can of curshed pineapple and a 6 oz jar of cherries, which I drained and chopped though the recipe did not tell me to do so. Now we get to the real nerve racking part what size BOX of Cool Whip. I thought hmmmmm it DOES come in a box so.....I got the smallest BOX of cool whip and dumped one of the envelopes into the mix.....ick, double ick. Very very too too sweet and quit runny. HMMMM, I had a can of Redi Whip in the fridge so I used that because that was all I had. I folded it in and though still runny the pie was somewhat servable and not quite so sweet. I will make this again but I will not put the powdered cool whip in, I will fold a small container of the Cool Whip from the freezer section in. I will revise this review if the chef revises the recipe to include container sizes. Good Flavor but poor instructions, sorry.