Recipe by Cherry Pi Gal
This is absolutely scrumptious! Everyone (even those who usually don't like nuts in their desserts) wants this recipe and is amazed at it's simplicity once they read it!
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 fresh peaches, in eighths
- 8 -10 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preset oven to 350°F.
- Put all fruit, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cornstarch in one bowl and mix with hands until fruit is covered. Pour this mixture into a small glass baking dish, making sure to include all the extra sugary juices from the bowl.
- Separately, mix all topping ingredients. This will make a crumbly mixture (not a dough). Pour this topping evenly over fruit in baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, possibly with ice cream.