Recipe by LJeffTheChef
This grilled shrimp recipe is so simple and yet such a crowd-pleaser. Note: I've made these shrimp immediately and I've also let the marinate in the fridge and both taste great. It just depends how much time you have. Lastly, they are great as an appetizer, on a hearty salad or as a main dish.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shell-on and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse shrimp thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and optional wasabi powder in a bowl. Add shrimp, ensuring shrimp are evenly coated.
- Heat a non-stick grill to medium high and lay down the shrimp when the grill comes to temperature. Shut the lid and check in two minutes as they cook quickly. Flip and cook for another minute or so. Remove from heat, cover in foil and let rest for 5 minutes. (The meat should no longer be translucent inside).
- Serve with melted butter or cocktail sauce or just peel and eat.