Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low-calorie, low-carb, and virtually fat free; this spicy vegan stir-fry features tofu and portobello mushrooms.
- 3 ounces fresh Asian noodles (pancit, wonton, etc.)
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk bok choy, chopped
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 12-16)
- 5 tablespoons maggi seasoning, substitute 3 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, oil is optional.
- Follow the preparation instructions for the style and brand of wonton noodles you choose to use, typically fresh noodles are boiled in plain unseasoned water for approximately 30-45 seconds. It is important that the noodles are not overcooked, but reamain "al dente" since they will continue to cook in the sauce and absorb the broth at Step 5.
- Add the vegetables to a large heated skillet or wok and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables have released their moisture and softened.
- Add tofu, chili and seasoning, continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pre-cooked wonton noodles, continue to stir-fry for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Let stand for approximately 3-5 minutes, can be served warm or chilled, it's delicious either hot or cold!