Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 Asian Region. Found on a website called homemade-chinese-soups.com . Thought it was a nice variation of using wonton wrappers for a cold summer salad.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What an interesting way to work in those wonton wrappers, including them in a tasty, simple salad, although the dressing (& zest) were what made this salad really special! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Asia with ZWT6]
- 20 pieces wonton wrappers
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 orange, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the wonton wrappers into wide strips. Boil them till done and plunge into cold water. Drain.
- Wash and slice the cucumber and tomato.
- Grate 1 tbsp of orange peel (save) and then extract the juice from the orange.
- Mix the orange juice with the rice vinegar, olive oil and sugar to make the salad dressing.
- Toss the wonton strips, cucumber and tomato slices together with the salad dressing.
- Sprinkle the grated orange peel on top of the salad and then serve.