Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful-tasting chicken marinade, with just the right blend of ingredients to produce a delicious flavor...this chicken can be grilled or baked in the oven, but the flavor is best when grilled. Plan ahead, the chicken needs to marinade in the fridge overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- black pepper (otional)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender; pour over chicken pieces.
- Let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Grill or oven-bake the chicken.
- To grill; remove the chicken from marinade, let the marinade drip off; grill until chicken is cooked.
- To bake in oven; remove chicken from marinade.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.
We loved this! Simple to make and easy to eat! Yummy. Thanks for a great change to our usual lineup!
I was surprised at how much I tasted the honey in this recipe. I admit that I did cut the soy sauce down a bit. It was good. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This chicken is moist and delicious! We marinated it overnight, as you suggested Kit, then grilled it tonight for dinner. Yum! My entire family is loving the chicken. Thanks for another keeper.