Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Great to make at a party!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 -7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 cups milk. Whisk in the flour, sugar, and salt and then 1/4 cup (4 tbs) melted butter.
- Refrigerate covered, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and whisk again. Batter should have the consistency of heavy (whipping) cream. If too thick, add remaining 1 or 2 tbs milk as necessary.
- To make crepes, heat a 9-inch skillet and brush with a little oil and butter. Using 1/4-cup ladle, ladle batter into the skillet and swirl around, coating the entire surface of the pan, pouring the excess batter back into the bowl.
- Over medium heat, cook until crepe is golden brown on one side, 30 or 40 seconds. With a spatula and/or fingers, turn crepe and cook until golden brown on second side. Turn out on clean towel. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, and batter until all the batter is used.
- Fill with anything. I love nutella!
- To serve, warm in oven. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar and, if desired, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side of each crepe.