1/1 Photo of Wisconsin Monte Cristo Sandwich
Make with genuine Wisconsin cheese! There's just something about cheese from Wisconsin-any time I visit people in another state, they always ask me to bring them some cheese! From the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a wide shallow dish, whisk the egg, yogurt and salt.
- 2Brush one side of bread slices with melted butter.
- 3Layer the ham, swiss and cheddar on the buttered side of 2 slices of the bread.
- 4Top with remaining bread, buttered side inward.
- 5Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- 6Carefully dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg mixture, holding sides of sandwich together.
- 7Cover and cook in skillet until golden, then turn and cook other side until cheese is melted (about 3 minutes per side).
- 8Add additional butter to skillet as needed.
- 9Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wisconsin Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.9
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 229.7 mg
- Sodium 936.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: